Bread and Roll Products
Now 50% off the original sale price of $2,250.
The Specialists in Business Information market profile analyzes all sectors of this $16-billion industry. Wholesale bakery sales cover white pan bread, white hearth bread, whole-wheat bread, rye bread, rolls, English muffins, bagels, and croissants. The profile also investigates cost structure and profitability as well as the competitive environment among branded product manufacturers. Supermarket and grocery store sales for 12 fresh, refrigerated, and frozen product categories are provided by brand. Market shares are calculated from this base of data. Individual sections are available.
Section 1: U.S. Bread and Roll Product Industry Trends
- Maturing Wholesale Bread and Roll Product Sector
- Growth Opportunities at Retail Bakeries and Foodservices
- Consolidation and Restructuring Among Bread and Roll Product Wholesalers
- Wholesale Bakeries' Strategies to Boost Their Bottom-Lines
- Consumer Spending Patterns and Retail Packaged Bread and Roll Product Sales
- Future Growth
- Scope and Methodology
Section 2: U.S. Wholesale Bakeries' Bread and Roll Product Shipments
- Size and Growth of U.S. Wholesale Bread and Roll Product Shipments
- Position in the Total U.S. Wholesale Bakery Industry
- Bread Versus Roll Product Shipments
- Wholesale Bread Shipment Mix
- Wholesale Roll Shipment Mix
- Pricing Trends
Section 3: Cost Structure and Profitability of U.S. Wholesale Bread and Roll Product Plants
- Plant Operating Ratios and Profit Margins
- Plant Labor Situation
- Material Inputs
- Material Cost Trends
- Industry Capital Expenditures
- Regional Shipments
Section 4: U.S. Wholesale Bread and Roll Product Industry Competitive Environment
- Competitive Pressures
- Consolidating and Restructuring
- Move to Higher Margin Products: New Products, Line Extensions, and Licensing Agreements
- Acquisitions to Enter New Markets
- Investments to Boost Sales Potential and Efficiency
- Actions to Strengthen Foodservice Sales
- American Bakers Cooperative
- Campbell Soup Co.
- Canada Bread Co.
- Cpc International Inc.
- The Earthgrains Co.
- Flowers Industries, Inc.
- Grand Metropolitan Public Ltd. Co.
- Interstate Bakeries Corp.
- Kellogg Co.
- The W.E. Long Co.
- Mrs. Baird's Bakeries, Inc.
- The Quaker Oats, Co.
- Quality Bakers of America Cooperative, Inc.
- Roman Meal Co.
- Sara Lee Corp.
- Specialty Foods Corp.
- United States Bakery, Inc.
- George Weston, Ltd.
Section 5: Retail Bread and Roll Product Sales Trends
- Retail Sales by Type of Outlet
- Retail Packaged Bread and Roll Product Sales by Type
- Branded Versus Private Label Retail Sales
- Packaged Retail Bread and Roll Product Sales by Brand
- Packaged Retail English Muffin Sales by Brand
- Packaged Retail Bagel Sales by Brand
- Packaged Retail Frozen Bread and Roll Product Sales by Brand
- Packaged Retail Bread Crumb and Crouton Sales by Brand
Section 6: U.S. Bagel Sales and Bagel Bakery/Foodservice Chains
- Retail Bagel Shop Chains Expanding
- Foodservice Companies Entering the Bagel Business
- Creating a Brand Identity
- Co-Branding, Licensing, and Alternate-Site Distribution
- Signs of Overexpansion
- AFC Enterprises
- All American Food Group, Inc.
- Au Bon Pain Co, Inc.
- Bab Holdings, Inc.
- Big City Bagels, Inc.
- Daka International, Inc.
- Dunkin Donuts, Inc.
- Einstein/Noah Bagel Corp.
- Fleischer's Bagels, Inc.
- Great Canadian Bagel Co.
- Manhattan Bagel Co., Inc.
- New York Bagel Enterprises, Inc.
- Quality Dining, Inc.
- Tuscany, Inc.
- Uncle B's Bakery, Inc.
- Wendy's International, Inc.
Section 7: Consumer at-Home Fresh Bread and Roll Product Purchases and by Demographic Characteristic
- Consumer at-Home Spending Patterns
- Income Group
- Age of Household Head
- Size of Household
- Regional Factors
Section 8: Foodservice Market Trends and Potential
- Foodservice Industry Bread and Roll Product Purchasing Trends
- Away-From-Home Eating's Share of the United States Food Dollar
- Growing Foodservice Industry Sectors