Table of Contents
Section 1: U.S. Bread and Roll Product Industry Trends
- Maturing Wholesale Bread and Roll Product Sector
- Growth Opportunities at Retail Bakeries and Foodservices
- Consolidation and Restructuring Among Bread and Roll Product Wholesalers
- Wholesale Bakeries' Strategies to Boost Their Bottom-Lines
- Consumer Spending Patterns and Retail Packaged Bread and Roll Product Sales
- Future Growth
- Scope and Methodology
Section 2: U.S. Wholesale Bakeries' Bread and Roll Product Shipments
- Size and Growth of U.S. Wholesale Bread and Roll Product Shipments
- Position in the Total U.S. Wholesale Bakery Industry
- Bread Versus Roll Product Shipments
- Wholesale Bread Shipment Mix
- Wholesale Roll Shipment Mix
- Pricing Trends
Section 3: Cost Structure and Profitability of U.S. Wholesale Bread and Roll Product Plants
- Plant Operating Ratios and Profit Margins
- Plant Labor Situation
- Material Inputs
- Material Cost Trends
- Industry Capital Expenditures
- Regional Shipments
Section 4: U.S. Wholesale Bread and Roll Product Industry Competitive Environment
- Competitive Pressures
- Consolidating and Restructuring
- Move to Higher Margin Products: New Products, Line Extensions, and Licensing Agreements
- Acquisitions to Enter New Markets
- Investments to Boost Sales Potential and Efficiency
- Actions to Strengthen Foodservice Sales
- American Bakers Cooperative
- Campbell Soup Co.
- Canada Bread Co.
- Cpc International Inc.
- The Earthgrains Co.
- Flowers Industries, Inc.
- Grand Metropolitan Public Ltd. Co.
- Interstate Bakeries Corp.
- Kellogg Co.
- The W.E. Long Co.
- Mrs. Baird's Bakeries, Inc.
- The Quaker Oats, Co.
- Quality Bakers of America Cooperative, Inc.
- Roman Meal Co.
- Sara Lee Corp.
- Specialty Foods Corp.
- United States Bakery, Inc.
- George Weston, Ltd.
Section 5: Retail Bread and Roll Product Sales Trends
- Retail Sales by Type of Outlet
- Retail Packaged Bread and Roll Product Sales by Type
- Branded Versus Private Label Retail Sales
- Packaged Retail Bread and Roll Product Sales by Brand
- Packaged Retail English Muffin Sales by Brand
- Packaged Retail Bagel Sales by Brand
- Packaged Retail Frozen Bread and Roll Product Sales by Brand
- Packaged Retail Bread Crumb and Crouton Sales by Brand
Section 6: U.S. Bagel Sales and Bagel Bakery/Foodservice Chains
- Retail Bagel Shop Chains Expanding
- Foodservice Companies Entering the Bagel Business
- Creating a Brand Identity
- Co-Branding, Licensing, and Alternate-Site Distribution
- Signs of Overexpansion
- AFC Enterprises
- All American Food Group, Inc.
- Au Bon Pain Co, Inc.
- Bab Holdings, Inc.
- Big City Bagels, Inc.
- Daka International, Inc.
- Dunkin Donuts, Inc.
- Einstein/Noah Bagel Corp.
- Fleischer's Bagels, Inc.
- Great Canadian Bagel Co.
- Manhattan Bagel Co., Inc.
- New York Bagel Enterprises, Inc.
- Quality Dining, Inc.
- Tuscany, Inc.
- Uncle B's Bakery, Inc.
- Wendy's International, Inc.
Section 7: Consumer at-Home Fresh Bread and Roll Product Purchases and by Demographic Characteristic
- Consumer at-Home Spending Patterns
- Income Group
- Age of Household Head
- Size of Household
- Regional Factors
Section 8: Foodservice Market Trends and Potential
- Foodservice Industry Bread and Roll Product Purchasing Trends
- Away-From-Home Eating's Share of the United States Food Dollar
- Growing Foodservice Industry Sectors
Get full details about this report